New from western PA, mercer, lawrence counties

11 Replies

Hi guys!  My name is Nikki and I have four single family homes.  I live in one, rent two, and am in the process of selling another on land contract.  I would like to expand into multi family properties.  I love real estate and the idea that it will be my retirement income and all of my properties will eventually be handed over to my children if they wish to pursue the business later in life!  My next short term goal is to find a new way to finance my next property when I find it.  Thanks!!

Hi Nikki, welcome to BP!

This is a great place to learn and network.  Makes sure to read all the articles on the main blog and listen to the podcasts, lots of great information.  Also be active in these forums and you will learn a lot and make lots of good connections locally and across the county (and world sometimes).

I am not down there but I do invest in that area.  Mostly Lawrence County (New Castle for the most part) and have one place in Beaver County (Freedom to be exact).  There is good cash flow potential down there for sure!  Not sure about the multifamily opportunities as I own all singles except for one duplex, but I can see that getting even better cash flow as my duplex is the biggest cash cow when I have it going good. 

Let me know if you find good financing options as I don't have any.  :)

Promotion
RentRedi
Smart Tech For The Smart Landlord
The Smart Way To Manage Your Rentals
Enjoy growing your portfolio without paying more for it. Unlimited units & easy-to-use apps.
Get Unlimited Units

Big welcome to the site @Nikki Greene  , thanks for introducing yourself to everyone! Grats on your 4 properties so far, that's awesome. I'm not sure if you've been using conventional loans for the first 4 or not. Some lenders will do up to 10 conventional loans, but have more stringent underwriting requirements for #'s 5-10. 

You can also try contacting some small local banks near you to see if they have any residential commercial loan products (portfolio loans).

See you around the forums!

Wonderful, thank you for the tips.  I thought that banks had a difficult time giving conventional loans to properties that were not owner occupied.  I will check into that and portfolio loans.  I bought my current properties with cash, land contract, heloc (so it was cash, too) and a 15 year conventional loan.  I need to learn more about banks in my area and what they have to offer.  Thanks so much!!

Yes, I am looking in Mercer and Lawrence counties in PA or possibly Slippery Rock, PA. I would also be interested in a house by Lake Erie at some point down the road.  My thinking behind that is I could rent it to vacationers and also use it for a quick getaway for my own family! Thanks for the welcome! 

@Nikki Greene

Welcome to the community! BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you, but it is only available if you seek it out. Be sure to be as active and engaging as possible. Read blogs, post questions, and the podcasts are gold! The best free education you can get. Good luck!

im also in new castle area. Just quit my job for  a landlord. Hoping to find investor to flip some of these cheep homes.

Im a electrician with 15 years been doing everything for 4yrs.Electric -done everything from service updates total rewires add outlets lights fans low voltage phone thermostat.( Anthony "Monk" Laurenza) electrical inspector told me to use him as a referencePlumbing- total replumbed houses add baths repairs replaced old cast iron drains used pex copper pvc repair and added gas pipe black pipe and gastight.repair/replace hotwater tanks both gas and electric.Drywall/finishing-repair drywall or plaster total guts went over old plaster textured ceilings.Trouble shooting and repairing furnaces/boilers-replaced furnaces with 90+, trouble shoot and repair pressure switch gas valves rollouts computers igniters .Paint-good at cutting in rolling (repair holes and cracks using tape mud 20min mud caulk)Windows/doors-repairing cutting glass and glazing replacing .replacing/repairing doors interior/ exterior.Also been doing maintenance on 30+ rentals for 2yearsNot much carpet, roofing,siding.Thank you, Travis [email protected]

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you