Moving to Houston (Finally) in February!!

16 Replies

Well I'm posting this in the new member introduction section, but I'm not a new member at all, but wasn't really sure what forum to post this under, so this seemed as good as any. Many of you know I've been around BP for almost two years now, but I kind of fell off the face of the earth since last summer.

As some of you may or may not know, I moved from N Calif to Belize (a small Central American country) in Oct of 2010. I then met and married a wonderful local man, and we decided together to come back to the States, where my earning power is at least 3-5 times more, and his as well. I also very much wanted to continue my real estate investing career, which I started in 2000, but has been dormant lately, except for managing the one property I have left in my portfolio (that's another story, divorce, blah blah blah).

Anyway, my husband has his interview date at the end of January, which we expect to go well, and we plan on being in Cypress in early February of this year!! I am very excited to start attending the Houston BP meetups and meeting all of the investors that have befriended me here in the forums and behind the scenes. Once I scope out the market more up close and personal, I believe my investment focus will be in small multi-families, but I'll know more once I arrive.

I've also made the decision to get my TX real estate license, since I was an agent in Calif for four years, and I really loved doing that, and it seems like the perfect fit for me at this time. My husband, on the other hand, would love to find a leasing consultant position for a large multi-family complex in the Houston area, as we ran a property management company here in Belize for two years, and he has very relevant experience (plus he speaks some Spanish).

Any whoo, just wanted to say hi and let you all know I'm back, and that I really hope I can connect with a lot of you upon my return. Take care everyone!

Hey @Sharon Tzib thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Cypress" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

Thanks again for introducing yourself!

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More
Promotion
PropStream
Web + D4D Mobile App for you & the team!
Trusted Provider of Real Estate Data, Marketing, Skip Tracing & A
#1 Real Estate Software for Investors, Agents & Brokers to find leads and close deals nationwide.
7 Day Free Trial!

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

You found the place to be! You will find no better place to build a solid platform than bigger pockets. The one thing we all agree up on is that we invest in real estate. Beyond that everyone has a different niche and we love to talk about it! Knowing and being comfortable with spanish is a huge bonus! 

We are buy and hold investors who invest in class A properties self-managing from a distance while working full time. So we do work on furthering our careers. We live very frugally allowing us to live off of one income and save the other. We have further our career and used the W2 income to leverage our real estate portfolio.

I highly recommend you also check out- the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. As many of us have created resources around our niche (websites, blogs, etc) so checking out the signature is a great to get more information. Make sure you don't miss out on networking is by filling out your signature, profile and pming people with questions.

Yes @Sara Cunningham  it is very good news - so glad to be moving forward finally.

Thanks for the welcome @Sakeena Andrade !

Thanks for the offer of help @Huy N.  as my post said, I'm not new to BP, just giving people an update on my situation, as I've been around the forums for a couple of years now. But I, like you, will be living very frugally, taking advantage of as many budget hacks as we can - renting a small one bedroom apartment, streaming tv, etc. All of the savings will be going directly into our rental portfolio. Glad to know that is working out good for you as well.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you