Out of the broadcast booth...

8 Replies

Hello! My name is Bob Richards and for the last 30+ years I've been programming radio stations and producing NFL football on the radio. I'm finally going to chase my dream of getting into REI. I love Bigger Pockets... listened to podcasts, set up key words, read books and now that it's off season in Atlanta, I'm going to start my company. I'll still be doing radio but want to take my first steps. I'll be looking to do some REI in the Kennesaw, Marietta, Smyrna area of Georgia. I'm going to be finishing up my real estate license, looking for a real estate attorney and getting to know some contractors and lenders. I'd love to start networking and getting some suggestions from anyone willing to help! Thanks!

Bob

Hi @Bob Richards -- Welcome to BP.  This is an amazing place of SO much experience and knowledge.  I have rentals in Decatur, don't know much at all, but always have an opinion to share :-)  Join in the fun.

Promotion
RentRedi
Smart Tech For The Smart Landlord
The Smart Way To Manage Your Rentals
Enjoy growing your portfolio without paying more for it. Unlimited units & easy-to-use apps.
Get Unlimited Units

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

You found the place to be! You will find no better place to build a solid platform than bigger pockets. The one thing we all agree up on is that we invest in real estate. Beyond that everyone has a different niche and we love to talk about it!

Have you decided what "niche" you want to work with ? If you are buy and hold. Having  a real estate license is one more thing you have to declare to your tenants. Just food for thought! 

We are buy and hold investors who invest in class A properties self-managing from a distance while working full time. So we do work on furthering our careers. We live very frugally allowing us to live off of one income and save the other. We have further our career and used the W2 income to leverage our real estate portfolio.

I highly recommend you also check out- the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Make sure you don't miss out on networking is by filling out your signature, profile and pming people with questions.

@Bob Richards

Welcome to the community! BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you, but it is only available if you seek it out. Be sure to be as active and engaging as possible. Read blogs, post questions, and the podcasts are gold! The best free education you can get. Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you