Votes
Paul N.
  • East Setauket, NY
Votes |
Hello and first post from TotalNewbie from LI, NY

Paul N.
  • East Setauket, NY
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:47

Hey everyone, I *finally* got a chance to post here after registering a couple of weeks ago. It`s a beautiful snow-stormy morning here on LI -
beautiful because I get the day off from work with pay :D

I`m in a 100% totally unrelated(to RE) line of work, but have always been
the entrepeneurial sort at heart. I used flip used cars from home, back in the day, and did real well at it, but present-day location, circumstances and other considerations are not conducive to that sort of thing.

I`ve been reading up on, and gaining an interest in RE investing the past
year or so. I don`t have a lot of money to play around with, and am a
complete greenhorn at almost every aspect of RE, but decided to get my toes wet and see if I could dust off my long-unused talent for picking winners and profitable money-makers, as well as my negotiation and sales skills, and take them to the next level, and applying them to RE.

To that end, I made a small start to test out these unfamiliar waters, and bought a small, buildable, river-view lot (w/all utlities at lot)last month, for the price of a cheap used car. No POA/HOA fess, taxes are about $18
a year. I got it at about 50% of assessed value, so I figure I can`t go wrong, even if all I wind up doing is buy-and-hold for now. There are far worse things I could`ve spent my Federal Tax refund on :wink:

Anyway,...I`ll certainly have a ton of questions to ask, will be needing advice and guidance, and seeking input and opinions as I embark on this new adventure - one that will certainly be a learning experience, but hopefully, not one fraught with peril, since I won`t feel like I`m going it alone, not with a great resource like BiggerPockets!

Paul

Loading replies...