• Real Estate Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Hello from Pittsburgh!

Lorie Regas
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:47

Hi there. :lol: My name is Lorie, and I've just joined as a new REI. I'm a single mom who grew up in a family of RE agents (parents, grandparents, siblings). I took a road less traveled (non-RE) for my profession, but now that the kids are old enough to allow me to have an out-of-the-home hobby, I am launching into local RE.

Just started with an eBay impulse buy that offered owner financing a few weeks ago. I now officially own one home that I don't intend to live in! Also have 2 deals in the works for more SF housing to rent in our area.

We live in University-land, so there are lots of rental opportunities and I work at a college too, so I'm always rubbing elbows with potential tenants. I'm in the market for good deals by motivated sellers, low to no money down, and plan to buy & hold as I'm not ready for major rehab work. Just the new landlord on the block, I guess.

So, there you have it, I'll do more listening than talking for a while but am honored to be part of the BP community and look forward to hearing from some of you about your experiences (good, bad and UGLY)!

:-) Lorie

Loading replies...