Hi, I am pretty stoked to be on Bigger Pockets, learning and connecting with other investors! I am from Nanaimo but currently live in Calgary, My biggest "WHY" is making my way back to Nanaimo and investing in Real Estate full time. I have loved real estate since I was in high school and over the years read and re-read book after book. The time to action and invest in the future of my family and community is well overdue!
I have been involved in a few Wholesaling deals but I allowed REI to be a hobby more than a lifestyle and am making that change now!
I'm excited to get this life started!
Welcome to Biggerpockets. I am in STL please let me know if you need anything.
In the meantime here are 9 tips to help you grow your business using BP:
1. New to BP? http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere
2. Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.
3. Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.
4. Develop your own business strategy. -- Don’t just be a “jack-of-all-trades" Even though I am.
5. Grow your business by developing your business plan. - Remember there is a difference between goals and a plan. http://www.biggerpockets.com/files
6. Locate and attend several different local REIAs as they’re great opportunities to network and meet wholesalers, lenders, and contractors.
7. Stay away from the “guru” sales-pitch events - they rarely increase your investment knowledge, they merely empty your wallet!
8. Spend some time every day on Bigger Pockets by connecting with “colleagues,” perusing blogs and videos, and engaging with others on the forums: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
9. Set yourself up to receive free alerts to be notified of subjects that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Hello and welcome to BP! I love Vancouver Island. I lived on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound back in the '80's. Have I dated myself - oh yeah!
I'm pretty new to REI but I am in Calgary as well. Maybe we can get together and get some ideas flowing, or some deals going between us. I'd love to learn from someone local and get to know people who are on here taking the right steps.
welcome to the BP nation.
Welcome to BP!
Hows the sentiment in Calgary these days - the news is painting a grim picture. How does it look on the ground? Any good deals to snap up?
Calgary is going to have more and more deals coming up soon. Oil and Gas are going to make some new deals here.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you