New to bp. Looking to buy and hold

New to bp. Looking to buy and hold

Jasmine C.Pro Member
Real Estate Coach · Reno NV · Member since 2015 · 273 posts · 61 votes
Hi. My name is jasmine and I live in Hawaii. I am looking for buy and hold properties that cashflow. Unfortunately hawaii does not have too many of those so I'm looking to expand to the west coast. I'm hoping to meet people on bp that can help me learn about the mainland market to find a cash-flowing property.
0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
11y

@Jasmine C. 

  what about Hilo and the huge subdivisions out to the south west of Hilo.. I have seen many homes there under 125k and talk about ease of upkeep   and close to you

just a thought. 

If your thinking of going into the mid west I wrote a little do's and don'ts e book on out of state or country investing.. No market favorites or recommendations of companies just simply things to think about and watch for when you purchase a cash flow rental.. happy to e mail it to you if you wish... PM me

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Jasmine C. , the west coast is almost as bad as Hawaii.  There a lot of threads on investing out of state.  I would read a lot of those to get started.  I would also take the time to read the Learn section above it is loaded with great info.  Be sure to set some key word alerts for areas or topics of interest, like turnkey.  Good luck

  • Jasmine C.Pro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Coach · Reno NV · Member since 2015 · 273 posts · 61 votes
    11y
    Thanks for the advice. This forum has a lot of topics so thanks for giving me someplace to start
  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Jasmine C. Hi and welcome to BP! I live on the West Coast, in Oregon, and as Jerry says above, prices are high here, and it is too difficult to get good ROI and rentals. That is why all my buy and hold investments are out of state. T

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Jasmine C. 

      what about Hilo and the huge subdivisions out to the south west of Hilo.. I have seen many homes there under 125k and talk about ease of upkeep   and close to you

    just a thought. 

    If your thinking of going into the mid west I wrote a little do's and don'ts e book on out of state or country investing.. No market favorites or recommendations of companies just simply things to think about and watch for when you purchase a cash flow rental.. happy to e mail it to you if you wish... PM me

  • Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 515 votes
    11y

    @Jasmine C. welcome to BP!

  • Professional · Noblesville, IN · Member since 2014 · 222 posts · 66 votes
    11y

    @Jasmine C. Welcome to BP!  I'm freezing in Indianapolis and wish I was in Hawaii!  I'm looking to spend more time there someday....  What a wonderful place to live.

  • Real Estate Investor · Eden Prairie, MN · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    @Jasmine C. Welcome welcome welcome. I wish you the best and BP is the best place to start with your questions.

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jasmine C.:

    Hi. My name is jasmine and I live in Hawaii. I am looking for buy and hold properties that cashflow. Unfortunately hawaii does not have too many of those so I'm looking to expand to the west coast. I'm hoping to meet people on bp that can help me learn about the mainland market to find a cash-flowing property.

    Hi Jasmine,

    Welcome to BP :)

    Feel free to check out a few blogs I wrote for Bigger Pockets below that can mold your perception on what to look for when investing in cashflow properties:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/11/15/3-types-of-risks-real-estate-investors-regularly-take/

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/12/20/first-investment-property-important-things-consider/

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/07/26/sight-mind-real-estate-investing-afar/

    Thanks and I hope you find them useful.

    Have a great day.

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Jasmine C. we can help you find some perfect real estate on the islands! We have offices all over Hawaii. We'd love to help just give us a call or visit us online: http://www.hawaiimoves.com/ or 1-800-735-2100. Talk to you soon!

  • Investor · Sherwood, AR · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi Jasmine,

    Welcome to BP Hawaii.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Jasmine C. welcome to the site! It's great to have you here. Feel free to ask any questions in the forums. Seeya around!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.