• Attorney
  • West Deptford, NJ
Votes |
New Member from Southern New Jersey

Brian Hall
  • Attorney
  • West Deptford, NJ
Posted Mar 2 2015, 19:17

Hello! I am a husband, a father of twin 5 year old boys, an Army veteran, and an attorney by day.  I am also not afraid to say that I have been in analysis paralysis for over 11 years.  I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad (cliche I know) the day I went to basic training in late 2003, and have read many other books over the years.  I have been working my way through the BP podcast for the last 3 months or so.  Currently on episode 72. 

Big news as well: I went to my first REIA meeting tonight! I was on their email list for about 4 years and finally went tonight. I collected some cards and met a realtor who works with investors.

Now that I got the enlistment, marriage, babies, and law school out of the way, I am ready to do this!

The plan: I have two cousins in the construction business who have been doing exteriors for a rehabber for a couple years.  They mentioned they wanted to get a bigger piece of the action, and asked if I wanted to be their "suit" and do the aquisition and sales while they handled the management of the actual flip.  While flipping is not my ultimate goal, I think it will be a great way to get my feet wet and learn the ins and outs of rehabbing a property.  Eventually I want to parlay that knowledge into a buy and hold portfolio of my own.  I am not sure if that buy and hold portfolio will be in NJ due to high taxes and tenant friendly laws. 

Anyway thanks to Brandon, Josh, and all the guests for killing it on the podcast. And thanks to all the members that I have already connected with.  Good things are coming.

Loading replies...