Votes
David Whitehair
  • Columbia, SC
Votes |
advice to overcome negativity

David Whitehair
  • Columbia, SC
Posted Apr 15 2015, 14:39

Ive been on the site for a few months now reading and researching different things.  Ive been working with a realtor the last couple weeks to finally nail down my first deal.  I bought about 3 years ago, in an ok neighborhood for a fairly good deal.  We are going to rent out our current home and buy another owner occupied home with the intent to rent it out in the next year or two after we have some experience in the landlording area.  When I explain to friends and family I get negativity to the extent of well you dont have any experience or you dont know how to work on a house or this and that, but everything being its a bad idea to do this.  My wife and I are in a position to where we could cover both mortgages in the case of not having a tentant.  

M question is how to get over this negativity that everyone seems to possess when it comes to being a landlord.  I feel that this move is going to in the future give my family and I a better future and more freedom.

Ill be more than happy to answer any questions that will provide better answers to my question

Thanks guys and gals.

Loading replies...