Contractor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 8 votes
Hello there,
I am new and wanted to introduce myself. I am located in the Atlanta area, a mecca for real estate investing...or so I am told. This is part of the reason I am taking the plunge into real estate investing, well that and a myriad of other amazing benefits!
My husband and I own a renovation company, Edge to Edge Renovations. Because I still have a full time job (other than Edge to Edge), my husband manages our renovation company. We will be using Edge to Edge for our rehabs.
My goal is to quit my full time job within 2 years and invest full time. Help me make it happen! :) I would love to connect with you, read your stories (good and bad), and learn everything there is to know about REI. If you are located in Atlanta, I would love to pick your brain and buy you coffee or lunch.
Welcome. Atlanta is in the top 10 US markets for student housing.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers).
You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.
Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over
Welcome. Atlanta is in the top 10 US markets for student housing.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers).
You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.
Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over
Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
11y
Glad to have you here @Anna Ryder You are in the good company and you are in the right place to learn all about REI! All you need to do is read the blogs or post a question and the responses will be educating and gratifying.
Glad to have you here @Anna Ryder You are in the good company and you are in the right place to learn all about REI! All you need to do is read the blogs or post a question and the responses will be educating and gratifying.
See you around the site!
Thanks so much, Dmitriy. Have a wonderful weekend.
Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 389 posts · 250 votes
11y
From another Anna in Atlanta (technically Decatur, but ...) Welcome to BP! What you can't learn from the podcasts, blogs & forums, you can ask and somebody will know and gladly share. It's a super community!
From another Anna in Atlanta (technically Decatur, but ...) Welcome to BP! What you can't learn from the podcasts, blogs & forums, you can ask and somebody will know and gladly share. It's a super community!
Thanks for all of this info. Tip #6, the podcast recommendation, is my favorite. I heart the podcast. Can't wait to dive into the other info you shared, as well.
Investor · Yokosuka, Japan · Member since 2014 · 631 posts · 184 votes
11y
Hello @Anna Ryderwelcome to BP. You've already received the welcome packages filled with tips and advise so I will just say welcome and best wishes. Hope to see you actively engaged in the community.