New Member from Sweet Home Alabama

7 Replies

I'm 20 years old and really want to have a beautiful piece of land and my dream house build by 25! 
I grew up in a small town in Indiana just 30 minutes from Chicago and moved to Birmingham because I love the south. I am currently living in an apartment and would much rather be living in the country side. I want to be able to sell my fruits and vegetables and foster injured or retired animals. I would also love to open up my own horse facility and allow special needs students from the area to come enjoy the farm and ride the horses. 

My dreams may seem crazy to some but my main goal is to prove all those who think I can't make my dreams come true wrong! 

it's is so nice to meet each and everyone of you and I would love to get any advice you have for a first time buyer! Also tips on how to make professionals from investors to real estate agents take me more serious since I am so young. 

Thank you!

Welcome to Alabama Kaitlyn!  I believe there is a Birmingham Real Estate Investors group that meets periodically.  Try to find it and join it.  You can gain a lot of knowledge from them!

I'm in a small town called Auburn that is about 90 miles southeast from Birmingham.  There are a lot of farmland and horses in the surrounding areas that you might be interested in eventually.

How are you arranging your finances?  Are you employed?  I have an 18 year old son that I'm trying to steer into real estate, but he isn't interested!  

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

@Kaitlyn Corsiglia Welcome to BP!

Check out our Birmingham Real Estate Investors Meetup Group. We meet once a month at different locations. Follow the link below and sign up to get updates on where we meet next. 

http://www.meetup.com/Birmingham-Real-Estate-Inves...

Did you hear about this family giving away their 20 acre dairy goat farm just north of Huntsville for the best 200 word essay? It's a $150 entry fee and the farm comes with all of the buildings, equipment, a house, goats, $20,000, and a month of training. It sounds right up your alley, and it comes with a nice ROI: $150 for $345k worth of real estate.

http://www.goatdairyessay.com/home.html

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you