Another new guy from Texas

8 Replies

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, not new to real estate.

I live in N. Texas (DFW area) and have been investing in RE for the last 7 years. 

I'm at a phase where I'm looking to grow from singles and duplex type properties to something bigger such as a multi-family (10-40 units ) or maybe commercial (NNN maybe?).

I found this community through the podcast and looks like I can learn a lot from the members here so I'm glad I found it. 

I had a RE license at some point but let it expire since I wasn't using it too much (have a full time job)

If you have a question I can answer I'll try to contribute as well.

See you around,

Joe 

Welcome! Would love to hear more about your story starting out, since you already have experience

And good luck with the multi family search. From what I hear, the market is very hot right now and buyers are overpaying for MF. Maybe a good point in the cycle to work on building capital and wait for the next correction

Dmitri

Welcome to BP.  We are glad to have another seasoned vet to help out with all the newbies. Lol. You will enjoy time spent on the site as do many here do.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

@Dmitri L. I noticed the insane prices buyers are paying around here in the past couple of years. The big announcements from Toyota, FedEx and Farmers didn't help either. 

I've seen properties get 7 offers o. The first day, all above asking price (up to $10K over asking price!!!)

I hope things cool down but if not, commercial is still a viable option for me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you