Newbie in South Florida

12 Replies

Hello BP community!

My name is Dante Anchelia and I am 25 years old living in Ft Lauderdale. I am fairly new to real estate investing but I have been studying all the great material closely, constantly listening to the podcasts, and have been learning a lot.

I recently been getting involved in my local REIA and even became a member. My goals in real estate are to begin by wholesaling and eventually get into flipping properties.

Would be nice to meet up and network with other Real Estate Investors (whether you're in Palm Beach, Broward, or Miami Dade) to maybe have some lunch and talk real estate. Thank you for your time! 

Sounds like you are on the right track @Dante Anchelia . I did a lot of reading my first few months and even now after a year. I highly recommend going to the top bar of this website and clicking on the Network tab and enter in the Zip Codes for your area. This is how I found my mentor and eventually got my start as a wholesaler. I owe so much to the site and to those that I reached out to and continue to reach out to. 

Being in constant contact with people who share the same vision as you is key. Watch you life get launched into the stratosphere once you take the leap and decide you are not going to live a "normal" life again. Keep going to as many Meetups as possible. I bet there are more meetings than what you know about currently and this is just another way to really get to know your "people". For me, I was reluctant to reach out to my "competition" but once I dropped that silly mindset and started thinking like an entrepreneur my life has never been the same. Your "competition" will actually be some of the best people you may end up partnering with. You will see. 

Good luck to you and believe in yourself and you will live a life you have only dreamed of! You can do this!!!!

Stephen B.

Hey @Dante Anchelia  thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

You may want to check this post: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Wholesaling

Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Pompano Beach" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

Thanks again for introducing yourself!

@Dante Anchelia

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Welcome to BP community @Dante Anchelia It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. 

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Wishing you the best! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you