Newbie in Baton Rouge, La area

14 Replies

Hi everyone!  I'm a realtor living in Denham Springs, La.  My goals are to invest in single family residential properties to rent out so I can increase my cash flow, suppliment my retirement and achieve a certain level of lifestyle to enjoy with my family.  

I love reading all the How To's and I am learning so much already from this site.

Thanks

Hi @Leslie Denino and welcome to BP!

There's an investors meetup group in Baton Rouge called "The RING" that you should look up to connect with local investors.  You can find it at meetup.com.  It's short notice, but there's a meeting at 6:30 tonight if you can make it!

Hope to see you around BP and sooner or later at one of The RING meetings.  I won't be able to make it tonight, but I'm usually there for their meetings.  They are very well organized and attended!

Hi Leslie,

Welcome to BP,

It looks as if you and I have the same goals. I wish you the best of luck. This site is awesome with much to learn! My brain hurts from all of the knowledge I try to cram into it everyday from the site! I'd love to hear your plans on how you are going to accomplish your goals!

Enjoy

James

We would all like to welcome you to BP, I'm another member of the RING and Pro member BP. But, don't forget.  They don't actually Teach Real Estate Investing at LSU, Southern University or any college I know of.  So the books, tapes and meetings are great.  But, Market Place here on BP is greater. Use BP and MeetUp.com as Leonard suggest but, people in Baton Rouge Buying Investment Properties make the Best Teachers due to experience.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you