Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Cashflow

2 Replies

Hello everyone,

As someone who is new to the REI business, I am in the process of studying and educating myself. A couple weeks ago, I finished reading the book, "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and was interested in looking into buying the game "Cashflow". I am curious if anyone else may have purchased the game and what their opinions were as far as how it may have helped increase their financial knowledge with money?

Thanks!

Alex 

Welcome to BP, Alex! We have both Cashflow games (101 & 202) and Cashflow for Kids. Robert's games and books are a great tool for learning the basic principals of investing and money management (although practically opposite to Dave Ramsey's teaching). We bought our games on Ebay for $20/each and enjoy playing them with friends and family. They helped change our thinking about money and helped us understand the basics of what it takes to achieve financial freedom. I don't think there is any one specific tool that will teach you everything you need to know about investing, but these games were helpful for us.

Most areas have groups that host Cashflow games. This is a fun way to network with other like-minded people and get some experience playing the games. I found the group in my area on Meet-up, but you might also search for a club in your area on the richdad.com website.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you