New Member In San Diego, California

10 Replies

Hello,

I'm Wayne and I currently live in San Diego, California. I'm currently in the military and I'm very new to real estate investing. I'm looking to do some side projects in addition to my day job and possibly transition into full time if I ever decide to leave the military. Right now I'm still learning, trying to absorb information and meet new people with the same interests. BiggerPockets seems to be a great resource and I look forward to networking with many of you. Thank you!

Wayne

Welcome @Wayne Kilgore it’s a pleasure to have you here! You will find this a tremendous resource for all of your real estate needs. You may want to set up some “keyword alerts” to notify the topics that interest you the most.

Wishing you the best!

Hey Wayne,

I am in the same boat except my "if I ever decide to leave the military" is probably going to be next summer.  I am also in San Diego so let me know if you ever want to meet up.

As the other responders stated, BP is an excellent resource and you will do well to spend some time looking through the blogs and forums, making connections, checking out the resources, etc.

Best wishes,

Vincent

Welcome to the party Wayne. You've probably already thought of this, but consider house hacking with a 0 down VA loan as a great way to gain entry to the field. If you could pick up a triplex or a quad and come close to cashflowing with the other units, you'd be in truly great shape.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you