Noob status here!

9 Replies

Hello BP,

My name is Gerard Gonzalez. I have thus much = 0 real estate experience. I do have some knowledge thanks to the BP podcast and some real estate books I've read. 

I would like to get into buy and hold multi family house to create a profilie of passive income to get me right for retirement. I make pretty good money with my current job but I get slammed with taxes which is another reason why I'm looking to get into real estate. 

I am a AF veteran and I'm planning on using my VA loan to get me into a multifamily for a few years where I will owner ocupy the property. This MF will be my first investment.

Excited to be part of the community. Thanks Brandon and Josh for hooking us up with such a great Avenue to begin our journeys. 

Welcome to BP!

Read, watch, listen and learn. Check out the podcast and books @Brandon Turner and @J Scott have published. It's really good, life changing stuff. No association other than being a pro member and buying their books. 

Take some serious action. Analyze some properties, use the calculators, upgrade to pro for unlimited access to calculators, ask questions  about analysis on the forums, find contacts in your area through BP, and make some offers! 

You can do it!

Paul

Not Legal Advice. I am NOT a laywer and do not play one on the Internet.

P.S. I also do not receive any financial benefit from BP. I just believe it is the best value on the Internet for REI. Welcome aboard!

Hey @Gerard Gonzalez  welcome to BP! I'm glad you're enjoying the podcast. You should definitely start jumping right in the forums! Also, if you haven't yet, try to setup some "Keyword Alerts." It's great for getting into local conversations.

You may also enjoy this post, about multifamily properties: How to Buy a Small MultiFamily Property: A Step by Step Case Study

See you around the site!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you