Newbie in Houston, Texas

11 Replies

Hi Bigger Pockets. I recently purchased and have begun reading J. Scott's book on flipping houses. That is what led me here to Bigger Pockets. I have just begun looking in to different ways to get into real estate investing and this website looks like a great resource for information and to get to know others and find out what has and has not worked for them. I am excited to learn more here!

Jeff,

Join the RICH Club in Houston (local REIA) and start networking! Books are fine but taking "action" is the key. Joining a club and attending meetings is a baby step in the action process. One final thought is "be patient". The Houston area is a Seller's market right now with very little correction in SFH's below $350k. One would think that the market would be softening given the drop in oil prices but it's still a little early. Good luck.

Welcome!

The Houston market is one of the busier regions so you will have no problem meeting people. Going to meet-ups and spending time on Bigger Pockets will increase your network fast.

Best of luck to you and I hope to see you soon.

Hi Mr. Dougherty,

Welcome to BP! I would tell you how great podcasts and forums are but I see that all the responses before me have complimented the sites wealth of knowledge that can lead to your wealth! Happy learning and enjoy the site!

Stephanie Dobbs

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you