Interested in flipping, renting and lending in Mobile, Alabama

9 Replies

G'day from the Gulf Coast of Alabama.

My experience has been from the rehabbing side of properties for homeowners in New Orleans. I am ready to move from doing the design and rehab work to investing in my original home town of Mobile. Needing to create the network in Mobile.  I plan to take my ability to redesign and work with subcontractors to finding properties to rehab and flip or make into a long term rental property for cash flow. Hope to connect with people as lenders, and anyone who may be interested in a joint venture. Mobile is in a recovery stage and the appreciation rate right now is at 17%. There are tremendous variety of properties and opportunities from flipping to vacation rentals on the beaches of the Gulf and Mobile Bay. Hope to hear from you.

Retired Merchant Marine 1600 ton Master - i.e. Offshore Captain
Husband is currently working as an offshore captain

Rehabbed houses in New Orleans in Orleans, Jefferson and St Tammany Parishes.

Interested in Mobile, AL, Lake Hartwell area of Georgia, Gulf Coast from Gulfport MS to Key West FL, Coasta Rica, Ireland, Spain and the Caribbean.

Welcome to BP! I am in Mobile, Al. and would be more than happy to talk with you. If you are not familiar with the local REI association then google Port City Real Estate Investors Association. There are a lot of great folks from both Mobile and Baldwin Counties and it is a great way to meet them. Meetings have been a little sporadic lately but you can sign up for email notifications so you know when the next meeting is. Good luck with your endeavors and enjoy your 4th of July weekend!

BTW It is a heart stopper for me to see Welcome from  to BP. Our local economy took a big hit in 2010 from the oil spill caused by the BP Oil company, and the big 5 state settlement was just announced this week. It will take me a few times here to get over the shock of seeing BP as a moniker for the website.

Thanks for the welcome Russel Norgen - I am not to far from Grand Bay as we are just off Leroy Stevens. I appreciate the information about the Port City Real Estate Investors Association. I will sign up for notices. Look forward to meeting you soon. May your 4th be full of fun and RED WHITE and BLUE.

Originally posted by @Russell Norgren :

Welcome to BP! I am in Mobile, Al. and would be more than happy to talk with you. If you are not familiar with the local REI association then google Port City Real Estate Investors Association. There are a lot of great folks from both Mobile and Baldwin Counties and it is a great way to meet them. Meetings have been a little sporadic lately but you can sign up for email notifications so you know when the next meeting is. Good luck with your endeavors and enjoy your 4th of July weekend!

I signed up 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you