• Investor
  • Bastrop, TX
Votes |
New Member from Bastrop (outside Austin) TX

Cindy Meyer
  • Investor
  • Bastrop, TX
Posted Jul 13 2015, 11:36

After a year of stalking you all and lurking on this site, I have finally decided to try and get over my shy side and join up.  THANK YOU ALL for the wonderful information and different perspectives given for all the situations presented to you.  It has been a tremendous help.

My husband and I are both native Californians (him from San Bernadino and me from Marin County) that always wanted to get out.  When we lost my dad in 2013, we knew that if we didn't take the leap then we never would.

I spent 16 years in the mortgage industry (working as loan processor, underwriter, loan assistant, lender liaison and anything else the owner needed) starting back in the old days before FICO scores and DU, ie, when you had to actually analyze a borrower's credit worthiness.

My husband has worked in construction since he was a kid and learned from many old school contractors that taught him to do things the right way.  He was a licensed GC in California, concentrating on remodels.  He has also started a remodeling business here and has been fortunate to have gained some good clients.  He is used to doing everything (plumbing, electrical, countertops, cabinets, etc) himself, but smart enough to ask for help when necessary.  I, of course, am extremely biased about how talented he is, but I can say that the majority of his clients keep coming back to him and trust him as they know he is honest, fair and darn good at what he does.

Due to our mutual love of homes and real estate, rentals are a natural fit.  I can be a bit bold in what homes we buy because I have my husband as slave labor.  We have three rentals here in Bastrop County and are planning on obtaining 2 - 3 more in the coming year.  All three are being managed by a PM whom I will be going to work for part time, which will help learn the laws and the system he has set up.

Thank you for taking the time to read this (if I haven't already put you to sleep or driven you to drink with my very non-exciting life).

Loading replies...