New Investors from Cincinnati, Ohio

10 Replies

Hello! BP!!

My wife and I have started researching Real Estate investing as a way to provide passive income in our 'later years'. We own our current house and would like to invest in 'buy and hold' rental properties. We are looking in to multiplex's as a way to do that. Any advice is appreciated!  
We are completely new to the industry, but we're smart and ready to learn!!  We're also looking to meet with other local investors in the area for general networking (as we are still new)

Thanks!!

Welcome to BP @Jay J. !  For education, I recommend listening to the podcasts and searching the forums for and questions you have or topics you want to learn about.  If there is something you can't find the answer to, open up a new forum thread.

The Greater Cincinnati REIA is pretty good if you want to meet up with other investors on a regular basis. I think they meet a couple times per month Also connecting with people on here is really good too. There are a lot of local investors that are very active on here.

Feel free to reach out if there's anything I can help out with.

Welcome @Jay J. Keep digging in to the endless resource that is BP. But also as you gain knowledge and network, set some actionable goals to keep moving yourself forward. I find myself get caught up at times in learning mode, and realize I'm not actually getting anything done. Best of luck!

@Jay J. Welcome to BP! You found a great place to get educated and meet other investors. Definitely get active on the site and just keep absorbing everything you can. The Cincinnati REIA is a great place to check out as well. Good luck and feel free to reach out any time you'd like.

Thanks @Coleman Nelson, I've already been listen to the podcasts! They're great and super informative!! We definitely plan on looking in to the local REIA and look forward to attending a meeting.

Good call on the Keyword Alerts @Bryan C.! I just set some up!!

Thanks for the reminder about the BP ultimate beginners guide to real estate investing@Tommy DeSalvo! I'm reading that right now!!

Thanks for the welcome @Joe Fairless ! I'm glad to see there are others already in the business so close !!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you