A Newbie from Saint Paul Minnesota

11 Replies

Hi BP family, 

I am new to the site and wanted to say hi. I am getting started a bit late in the real estate world and currently looking to purchase a multi-family (triplex preferred) to get into real estate investing. I plan on staying in one of the units and renting the others to build cash flow. I consider myself a buy and hold type investor. I work full-time in the IT industry. 

I have little knowledge in real estate investing other than watching some of the tv shows which always showcase exceptionally successful investors. Started to read some of the blogs and guide on the site here and hope to get real world education from you and then hopefully someday pass the wisdom to others. 

Looking forward to meeting many of you whether you are in MN or not. 

Ash

Originally posted by @Matthew Berry :

Welcome @Ash Alam! I'm not on the multi-family side but we are in the same area. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to connect and talk more.

@Matthew Berry, Thanks for the welcome and offer to connect. I certainly will take up on that. 

PS: can't seem to figure out why the @member name isn't working for me. :) I do that on other forums all the time ... 

Thanks @Eric Moore! Appreciate the welcome note! 

Makes sense on the @ to pull up name! I am sure I will get some practice connecting with folks here. :) 

@Ash Alam

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you