Hellllooooo!

12 Replies

Hi Everyone! My name is Dan Soda. My wife and I are just getting started in REI and are very fortunate to have found Bigger Pockets. I'd just like to introduce myself.

I am a former professional poker poker, self taught through a forum (2+2) and I'm looking to do the same thing here on Bigger Pockets with REI. I bought a 2 unit in the suburbs of Buffalo as my first home ten years ago and we are currently closing on another double in the city. It's a big project that we paid too much for (in my opinion) and I'm looking to improve with each new property we purchase.

I think we did one thing correct in that the first house is solely owned by me and the second is solely owned by Stephanie.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning and growing as part of the Bigger Pockets community.

Thank you!

Dan

Welcome Dan! I thought your name sounded familiar. [watch a little poker on tv] This is definitely the right place for people who like to figure it out on their own, yet have others who've walked the walk before them to ask questions of. Utilize the forums and the webinars ... the resources are endless. I look forward to hearing of your successes in REI!

hi dan. i am mark, also from the buffalo, ny area. welcome to BP. if you are looking for a mentor, i am here. i have been doing this in this area for about 11 years now. mostly flips, i do have one rental house though. my specialty is finding deals. basically, they seem to find me. we should get together and discuss where you want to go. 

Welcome to BP Dan! You should join us for the next Western New York REI meetup. I usually attend it and plenty of people of varying REI experience do as well. Mostly from BP. Give a shout out to @Michael Sherwood to add you to the email list for the next one.

TY Lois - I look forward to telling great stories of my REI successes!

Hi Mark - sounds great, I sent you a PM, let's get together.

Great idea James - TY - I'll get in touch with Michael, I'm looking forward to meeting some local REI

Hi Andrew - yeah poker to REI does seem like a pretty natural transition, although I'm really not sure why.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Dan

Originally posted by @Mark Nolan :

@Daniel Soda

Welcome to Bigger Pockets community. Be sure to check out “Learn” for all kinds of useful resources and free how to guides.

Thanks Mark, good tip.

I'll definitely check that section out.

Dan

@Daniel Soda

Welcome to BP! You've found the right place to start. So, uh, do what those folks already said and just make sure you ask questions here and, when you feel comfortable, try to answer questions. I'm sure you won't sweat negotiations like many others starting out might with your background. Have fun digging in!

Cheers

Originally posted by @Peter MacKercher :

@Daniel Soda

Welcome to BP! You've found the right place to start. So, uh, do what those folks already said and just make sure you ask questions here and, when you feel comfortable, try to answer questions. I'm sure you won't sweat negotiations like many others starting out might with your background. Have fun digging in!

Cheers

Haha Peter,

Yeah, the negotiation is definitely my favorite part. I'm really looking forward to learning more about being a good negotiator.

Thanks,

Dan

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you