Solomon Mamo
  • Gaithersburg, MD
Votes |
Real Estate Business

Solomon Mamo
  • Gaithersburg, MD
Posted Jul 23 2015, 10:53

Hello Fellow Biggerpocketers,

My name is Solomon. I am a full time Physicist by profession trying to work for myself instead of working for someone. I have been looking to work from home for the past two years. During this time, I have done free prescription discount card programs, internet marketing, amazon/eBay, MLMs etc. In the meantime, I have learned many things about marketing and businesses. Except the Free Prescription and Amazon/eBay, the rest are full of scams. Dont get me wrong, there are some legit businesses out there. 

Few months ago i came across an ad on Facebook about flipping houses and attended a two hours seminar (sell pitch) and signed up for one of their three days course (for $2000) and also for another tax lien program($900).  To my surprise, what they told me at the 2 hour  seminar is not true. They keep calling me to put me in a $20k mentoring program, which was not mentioned at the seminar. As of today, there is no a scheduled three days course in my area (Washington, DC area). I paid the $2000 in early April and tried my best to get back that money. Whenever i call their office (somewhere in Utah) they keep trying to sell the $20k mentoring program instead of refunding $2000. First of all i don't have some much money for that kind of program, and second i am not interested. How do you deal with these kind of scammers? Is the real estate business also the same as the internet marketing business, which is full of scammers trying to get your money?

What is the right way to get to a real estate business? any legit mentor or a good legit program out there?

Thanks!

Solomon M

Loading replies...