hello from Tampa, Florida

10 Replies

I'm an investor in Tampa Florida.

In the past I've done some investing as a landlord in residential property, as well as participated in real estate private equity funds. However, my interest in the present is in real estate crowdfunding. The field is really new and has some pretty severe limitations and growing pains to overcome. But if it can, I think in 5 to 6 years it will be a major component of every real estate investor's portfolio.

Looking to collaborate and share with other investors who are doing due diligence on real estate crowdfunding deals.

Thanks,

@Ian Ippolito welcome to BP.  The only crowd funding I've played with is lending club, it's not real estate but  essentially the same idea.  I did a little more concern aged than their recommended and I'm at a 7.05% return. I've only been in it since the start of the year.  I have however stopped the reinvesting because I don't want to lock up all the money for another 2-3 years.  I'm interested to hear your findings for real estate crowd funding.  

Originally posted by @Adrian Smude :

@Ian Ippolitowelcome to BP.  The only crowd funding I've played with is lending club, it's not real estate but  essentially the same idea.  I did a little more concern aged than their recommended and I'm at a 7.05% return. I've only been in it since the start of the year.  I have however stopped the reinvesting because I don't want to lock up all the money for another 2-3 years.  I'm interested to hear your findings for real estate crowd funding.  

I've also done the lendingclub and averaged between 7-9% over the last 3 1/2 years.

I'll be happy to share my findings with you. The biggest problem with real estate crowdfunding is that the market is so fragmented, and there's no one site that you can go to that will provide enough investments.

So, I'm creating the first comprehensive in-depth reviews of the 60+ sites, including their investor protections, etc.. I'll be posting it in three weeks here: http://www.therealestatecrowdfundingreview.com/#!top-10-site-reviews-and-deeper-views-of-/c1a8m

Ian....you seem to know a lot about Crowdfunding.  Did you ever finish narrowing down your search?  I would be interested in what you came up with.   What is your take on Renatus?  Do you consider them some what of a crowdfund as well? Would be interesting in talking with you further

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you