New BiggerPockets user from Long Island, NY

16 Replies

Hello! I’m Tom O’Sullivan from Long Island, NY and I am the CEO of Residential Investor One, a cooperative focused on providing discounted products and services to residential real estate investors.

As I continue to discover the latest trends, behaviors and best practices within the real estate investing market, I look forward to offering my thoughts and insights to this community and with the connections I make here. I’ll also be eager to share the knowledge I gain here on BiggerPockets with the members of the Cooperative.

I look forward to our interactions! 

Hey @Account Closed  thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! Looks like you have some good experience with real estate! Don't be afraid to jump in and help answer questions or ask some of your own.

Have you setup your "Keyword Alerts" yet? If not - definitely add some. I'd recommend adding "Long Island" so you'll be notified when people talk about your local area.

Welcome Thomas!

Welcome @Account Closed ! You will gain a lot from this community. I'm here learning something new every day.

What part of Long Island are you in? I'm from Suffolk County - a small town called Orient Point at the far east end of the North Fork. I've been in Florida for the past ten years.

Welcome to BP, @Account Closed

Can you tell us a little more about what the cooperative does?  I've had "cooperative" as a key word for a year and this is the first post that is actually talking about a cooperative structure in the real estate industry.  Does it have a website?

Cheers,

Wm

Originally posted by @Andrew Bondarchuk :

Welcome @Thomas O'Sullivan! You will gain a lot from this community. I'm here learning something new every day.

What part of Long Island are you in? I'm from Suffolk County - a small town called Orient Point at the far east end of the North Fork. I've been in Florida for the past ten years.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.  I currently live in Manhasset but grew up in Commack which is between Smithtown and Huntington.  I took ferries out of Orient Point but unfortunately its been a while.

Do you invest in rental properties on eastern Long Island?

Tom

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.  I currently live in Manhasset but grew up in Commack which is between Smithtown and Huntington.  I took ferries out of Orient Point but unfortunately its been a while.

Do you invest in rental properties on eastern Long Island?

Tom

Hey Tom,

No investments yet. I'm new to the idea of REI and just jumped on BP about a month ago. I'll be looking to invest in the Tampa Bay Area when I am ready and I have found a deal. I'm planning on buying a list and starting by a direct mail campaign and in the meantime I'm studying to get my RE sales associate license.

Are you currently investing or looking to invest in your area?

Originally posted by @William Hochstedler :

Welcome to BP, @Thomas O'Sullivan

Can you tell us a little more about what the cooperative does?  I've had "cooperative" as a key word for a year and this is the first post that is actually talking about a cooperative structure in the real estate industry.  Does it have a website?

Cheers,

Wm

@Account Closed

Welcome to BP! You will have plenty of opportunity here to meet all kinds of investors... I am from Long Island area and live in Jericho. Would love to know more about the services you provide. I have requested information online. We can even connect over a coffee one of these days. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you