Newbie from Northern Virginia

5 Replies

My name is LaToya Martin. I have been interested in real estate investing for a while and have done a good amount of research on it. I have recently graduated as a pharmacist and would like to use this career to save to buy houses in the DMV area and rent them out. I learned about BiggerPockets from another pharmacist who has successfully invested in real estate and recommended this site. I would love learn as much information as I can while I am still saving for my first investment!

@LaToya Martin Welcome to the BP community. If learning is your aim you've arrived at the right place. The podcasts are my personal favorites, but also be sure to check out the BP and member blogs, analysis tools and also get involved in the forum discussions.

Good luck investing.

Welcome to BP, LaToya!  The site is full of so much good information the challenge we all face is narrowing it down to get the right information.  I know you will do that and wish you the best as you begin investing in real estate.  Happy learning and investing.  

Welcome to BiggerPockets. Congrats on your first step to a fab future. This website is amazing with the amount of information that is provided via books, forums, podcast, and blogs. Everything that you need to know is at your finger tip. Be sure that on your real estate investing journey you share your story of your ups and downs.

good luck and happy investing

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you