Hello from Utah

3 Replies

My husband and I have successfully invested in a 4 plex and a duplex in Utah. My hubby just got a realtor license and we are interested in flipping some properties. We can't seem to find any great deals on fixer uppers. Any ideas? I would love any tips or tricks of the trade of flipping. By the way, Utah is appreciating at 18-40%- I am so glad to have found this site!!

Hi kstone,

Welcome to the site. Looks like you are off to a GREAT start. There is a lot of great info on flipping in this site.

I am a big believer that you MUST move beyond the MLS when looking for deals to flip. You have to start marketing on your own to get people to call you first when they want to sell their home.

I created my website specifically to help you and everyone like you. Take a look for more info beyond the great BiggerPockets.com. (link is below my name...)

Welcome to the group. A good place to find flips....try out www dot uslands dot com it's a good place for free leads! I'm not personally affiliated with the group but I signed up for free notification years ago and occasionally run across good deals thru them.

Another good place for leads is in the MLS searches: Back on the Market, Price Changes, Expired Lists ect..

Great advice all. I'd just add that you really need to become one with your market. Get to know the gossip hounds in town. Talk to everyone. Basically you want to become the "Mayor". As people get to know and like you, you'll be amazed with the number of good leads you'll get on properties.

That inside information will prove invaluable!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you