Florida Investor

13 Replies

I am very excited to have become a member and I am very eager to connect with anyone interested.  I have been involved in the construction process of many flips over the years and finally decided I was on the wrong side of the fence.  I feel that I have a decent amount of knowledge on the many aspects of real estate but I am here to learn more so that I can achieve the financial security that everyone dreams of.

@Matthew Jarrett

Hi Matthew! Welcome to BP! My husband and I are new investors in the area and are actively looking for our first deal. Primarily looking for buy and holds but also considering flips. There is a RE group that meets up in Pensacola and Destin every month called the Professional Investors Guild. We've found it to be a great resource. 

@Matthew Jarrett  Welcome to BP, as @Arianne L. said if you haven't been to a PIG meeting at the convention center come on out.  There are quite a few like minded investors there to network with and you will likely find a couple people who will help you out along the way.  

Since you are or were on the construction side of things, the best way to learn the ropes from the investing side would likely be to partner up with someone who knows the numbers and acquisitions side of things. The key in this business is to know how you can add value to any deal (have a property, have money, have trade skills, etc...) and capitalize on that to build your business and knowledge when you are starting out. I know a lot of investors who have a hard time finding good contractors for their projects. If you bring that side of things to the deal with a quality product at reasonable prices, there will be investors lining up to partner up with you on a JV, me included. Know what you have to offer and use that to your advantage.

Good luck and I hope to see you at the next REIA meeting.

thank you everyone for the welcome. I have already joined the PIG group and I attended the last meeting at the convention center. I am very eager to speak with any of you regarding some JV opportunities so feel free to email me or give me a call and we can go from there.

Hi, I'm a Realtor here in Pensacola.  I own rental property and also have interest in flips, just lack the construction knowledge. If you are interested in working in Pensacola, look me up.  Maybe we could help each other.

Hey @Matthew Jarrett , welcome to BP and the Florida investing community!

You've already received a warm welcome from many Floridians (pun intended:).  But seriously, you bring real value to the table with your construction and flip experience.  I definitely suggest connecting with as many local investors as possible, find someone who really knows what they're doing when it comes to finding deals, knowing what a deal is and funding, and you've got the potential for a great partnership.

Like @William Allen said, and as I'm sure you'll hear on the podcasts and read on the forums, finding a great contractor is often the most difficult part of the process.  

Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of BP and kickstart your investing career:

Start here. You'll get a wealth of REI knowledge and learn how to take full advantage of Bigger Pockets (including how to connect with other Florida investors).

Listen to the podcasts , get active on the forums & set up key word alerts to be notified when people are discussing topics you're interested in. 

I wish you all the best Matthew!

Hi and welcome to BP

I am also new to the forums but have met some great people already.

I am an Australian Investor and in just under 2 months will be in Florida will be based in Fort Lauderdale for a short visit. I am hoping to met up with other like minded investors.

I will keep everyone posted

once again welcome

Philip Charlton hey Philip, I cover the BROWARD Fort Lauderdale area all the way to Miami and Palm Beach, we should definitely touch base, add me as a colleague. My contact info is on my profile

Hi every one, I am anew investor in mid FL (Port St. Lucie and Palm Beach Gardens area). I would like to find other investors, contractors and know about auctions. Any recommendation is appreciated!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you