Title Company or Attorney?

9 Replies

Hello Beautiful People! 

My Names Connor Moulton, I'm in the Salt Lake City Area. I'm starting my Venture in Real Estate Now! My Interest lies in Wholesale and fast cash to start, I just wanted to make a post asking whether I should find a Title Company or Local Attorney for closing deals (suggestions) Also any suggestions about whether I should accumulate a buyers list before generating leads or not, Thanks!

Welcome to the site Conner!  I too am in SLC.  You need to find what part of the Valley you want to work in from a perspective of buyers/sellers.  Then I would start finding your motivated sellers and start advertising to find buyers.  The hardest part I had when I started was that buyers list. The buyers list is key to your operation!  I hope you do well and lets keep in contact!  Have a great one

Ryan

@Connor Moulton

Connor welcome to BP. There are a lot of buyers out there to wholesale to if you can find good deals. Lead generation is probably where you should focus. Add me to your buyers list if you find anything.  [email protected] 435-512-7231. Good luck. 

Thanks @Charles Knudsen got you listed.

And thank you @Ryan DeMent I'm focusing on East side areas south of the city to about 90th and east of state. Is this a Hot Area?

And to anyone else seeing this post could I get a suggestion of a good Real Estate friendly Attorney or are Title Companies better for Utah Market? 

Thanks for the help y'all!

I can't tell you which is better but I can suggest a great Title Company. I use Mountain View Title and they are great to work with. Not sure if that helps you out any but if you go the Title company route at least check them out.

@Connor Moulton A RE attorney would be helpful if you don't already have a contract you're using. The state approved contract impairs your ability to assign the contract you're using. I've got a link to the state approved contract in the "for sale by owner" section of my web site:

http://www.skylersmithrealtor.com/#!fsbo/cfel

Once you have the contract in place, I would close with a title company. Find an escrow & title agent that can repeat your business model back to you after you explain what you're doing, and have them tell you how they will handle closing. If they're able to answer your questions, they should be able to get the job done.

Welcome to the party. I am actually from Salt Lake and moved to Fort Worth TX and am now an agent focusing in Wholesale. I still do some work out in Salt Lake when I can find a good deal. Give me a call sometime and we can talk about some stuff to help you out.

682-710-2240

Hey Connor, welcome to the wonderful world of real estate investing.  If you are just starting out I would offer you some suggestions.  First, I would absolutely focus on building your buyer's list first.  There are plenty of wholesalers out there that are looking for cash buyers.  If you have the buyers you can immediately get paid and keep getting paid.  Second, I would definitely get to some of the real estate investing groups around the area.  There are monthly meetings, weekly luncheons and other events.  Great way to network with other investors.  I am speaking at the weekly luncheon at Dennys downtown next Friday at noon about how to take your business to the next level no matter where you are right now.  It may be helpful to you!  Its free and begins at noon.  As far as title companies and attorneys I would recommend Jax Petty at 1st Liberty Title in Sandy or Jeff Breglio who is also an investor.  You want someone that understands assignments and double closes.  Good luck to you!

Hey Connor,

I'm an attorney, investor, escrow officer and former real estate agent. Please shoot me a note or give the office a call. 801-560-2180 and I'd be happy to chat with you.

Jeff Breglio

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here