20 Years Old. Maryland / DC

5 Replies

I just received my real estate license in Maryland, and over the next 6 months I will be obtaining my license in Washington DC. Interested in residential, commercial, real estate investing, multi family properties. In the process of reading, learning, and absorbing as much as I possibly can.
Young, ambitious, hardworking, and hungry. One year left at Syracuse University, but looking to dive into real estate as soon as I graduate in May 2016. Still looking for a broker that will be the best fit for me, but have it narrowed down to 2 options. Would love any advice anyone has to offer, and very interested in connecting with as many people as possible.

Hey Spencer, 

New agent here as well in the NOVA/DC area. I'm a little bit further down the road than you but if you have any questions let me know!

Hi Spencer! Welcome to BP!! All I can say about being an agent and your interest for brokering various types of deals (commercial, multi-family, etc) is to be sure to determine if you will be able to do so without having to obtain designations (taking more classes and exams, and paying more money!). Some brokerages allow you to do all facets of real estate without having to expend more money for classes and having certain certifications in the subject. Although having the certifications are good, they can become cumbersome in cost, and take a while to actually obtain. I'm not an agent now, but was in 2009 and will be one again soon. Happy learning!

Regards,

Stephanie Dobbs

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you