Real Estate Licensce

3 Replies

Hey @Manuel Ochoa Jr. . I believe it all depends on your learning style. Some individuals do best in a lecture style sit in course. Others learn better through self paced independent programs. 

I have 4 young kids age 4,5,6,7 (blended family, two are mine and two are my significant others) so I like the flexibility to be able to jump on the study modules when I have time. I have taken real estate licensing courses, mortgage loan originator courses, and I'm currently in the middle of completing my RE Broker education online. 

On the flip side, my  college Bachelors of Science in Busines Administration was real estate focused, and it's hard to compare to the education received in person from a professional professor; however, with skyrocketing college tuitions, I wouldn't recommend the university system for Real Estate education. You'll learn more in the school of real life than you ever will in the classroom, and avoid those burdensome student loans.

Hey Jesse, thank you for the response.  You do seem like a busy family man.  I too am a busy family man and very busy with work ( working lots of OT).  I think that you make sense with the ability to to jump on the modules on my time.  

My job does have strange work hours, and days off, so I do think the online courses may work better for me.  

I, attended SJSU and received a Bachelors degree in Business marketing.  So I understand the college style of learning.  I have never taken online courses, but after reading your post I feel more comfortable . 

Thank You

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you