New member from New York City

5 Replies

I rencently purchased a 2 family house in Newark, NJ that a I rent and I am looking to gain more knowledge in real estate investing. I would like to find deals in NYC but that might be virtually impossible these days. 

Welcome @Kyle Hayes , be sure to set your keyword alerts so you don't miss any conversations that may be of interest to you.

Also, I am interested in hearing more about your place in Newark. Did you need to do any rehab? Did you place the tenants or were they already there?

Thanks and best of luck!

Originally posted by @Kyle Hayes :

I rencently purchased a 2 family house in Newark, NJ that a I rent and I am looking to gain more knowledge in real estate investing. I would like to find deals in NYC but that might be virtually impossible these days. 

New York City is very expensive have you looked at other cities in upstate New York?

I have rentals in other parts of New York which are very affordable.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you