Hello from Erie pa

9 Replies

Welcome @Matthew Yovich , I agree. I have conforming ( not commercial) mortgages from two local town banks ( Northwest Savings will finance 4) but had to go on line to find two others (Roundpoint( they do do loans any more) and Quicken ( I am applying for another this week.

Good luck

Anyone else use Marquette here in erie? Hometown banking at its best in my opinion, I've had wonderful experiences with them with non commercial mortgages and rehab flips, ( rehabs, and flips it's been a bit).

Ron, 

I agree on Marquette being a great place to do business. I am not satisfied with their on line banking but the people cannot be beat. 

Would like to know more about your two properties.

Hello Erie Investors

Iam a newbie from Erie Pennsylvania , starting out in Rental Real estate mostly turn key properties, could you advise if we should go local or out of state investing

Thanks

kiran

@Matthew Yovich

Call the chamber president ask who they like in the local banks get a referral use the name drop of the pres when calling. Local banks have to report annually under the community re-investment act on how they invested in the local community.

Paul

@Kiran Alisam I'm relatively new to Erie real estate investing(just closing on my 2nd SFR). I have used a broker for financing. Ultimately, the loans were through Northwest Savings - great rates and reasonable fees. Good luck!

John

Thank you John Sangl , If you dont mind can you refer which real estate broker you  have used or give me some details so that i can check with them .. i can send you a PM 

Kiran

Good to know that Northwest and Marquette have been good to the investors in Northwest PA. When I look for financing my first property, I'll be sure to contact them. First I need to start analyzing some deals. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you