LITTLE ROCK INVESTOR

7 Replies

I only recently returned home to Arkansas after serving in the Army for a few years. I owned a home before I left and have kept it 100% rented since then. I bought another property when I got back, rehabbed it a bit, and recently signed a purchase agreement with a buyer. I'm working on getting licensed, both as a realtor and contractor. I really don't know much, but Google and Youtube have been my "tutors" so far. I look forward to learning and connecting!

Welcome Joshua!  I'm also in Little Rock so if there's anything I can do for you, just let me know.  My advice here would be to absorb as many of the podcasts as you can.  There's so much good information there.  Plus, you can listen to them anywhere.  Also, ask every question you can.  There's a lot of smart people here.   Again, welcome and good luck!

Welcome Joshua.  Bigger Pockets has an awesome amount of information.  Arkansas is a great place to invest due to the deals you can find.  If you need any advice please don't hesitate to contact me.  I recommend Danny Been at Danali Real Estate school.  I do my best to come to LR for my continuing ed.  Danny is a great instructor and is very tied into what is going on with the AR Real Estate Commission.  Again, welcome to BP!!!

Welcome to BiggerPockets, Joshua!

Be sure to connect with Matt and Patrick above.  I know both of them and they are excellent contacts for real estate investing.

Also, be sure to participate in the forums and read the blogs.  You'll learn a ton here.

Please let me know if there's anything  I can do to help.

Best regards,

Glad to have you aboard, Joshua. Agree will the above suggestions from the other Arkansans. Be sure to check out the REIA meetings too. I am in Hot Springs. If you get down this way feel free to contact me.

Originally posted by @Kathie Riedel:

Glad to have you aboard, Joshua. Agree will the above suggestions from the other Arkansans. Be sure to check out the REIA meetings too. I am in Hot Springs. If you get down this way feel free to contact me.

Thanks Kathie! If ever I start looking for some lake properties I will!

WPS from Western AR (Fort Smith)! Ive seen a ton of people from your part of the  state on here, so Id suggest digging into that local group and seeing if you can help anyone out.

I closed on my first property today, 12/11/19, and I will be house hacking at first. My plan is multi family rentals. The property is located in Sherwood.

I've been to a few landlord meeting in Little Rock and Hot Springs. I fell into a well of knowledge when I met Rachel Fazio, my mentor. She has been helping me left and right. She introduced to those meetings and then answers all my questions in a manner I can understand since I'm so new.

I've read several books and even more podcasts. Currently listening to the Bigger Pockets Real Estate podcasts. I'm trying to educate myself as best I can.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you