RE Investor - South Shore, Massachusetts

8 Replies

Hello All, 

My name is Robin and I live on the South Shore of Massachusetts.  I'm getting back into real estate investing after a 10-year hiatus. I have limited past experience that includes purchasing & selling 2 small multi-families as well as my primary residences. In the short term, I plan on fixing and flipping distressed single families on the S. Shore/S. Coast of Mass. I then hope to diversify into multifamily rentals. 

I have an excellent first impression of this site and its members. What a great resource! I look forward to learning, expanding my network & team, and enjoying the adventure. 

Hi @Robin McLaughlin ,

I'm also on the South Shore.  It's great to have another investor close by come aboard!  I don't have much advice to offer yet, but I would definitely setup some keyword alerts for either categories that you're particularly interested in, and/or the geographic areas to which you want to stay connected.  In my case, I'm getting pinged whenever Massachusetts, MA, Boston or South Shore are mentioned.  

Good luck!

Welcome Robin!

This is a great resource to learn about all aspects of investing. I suggest you immediately download the Ultimate Beginner's Guide and listen to all of the podcasts. There is great information in both of those resources.

As Jonathan mentioned, you should also set your keywords so that you will be alerted when a subject of interest is being discussed.

Lastly, and most importantly, pick three REIAs and start attending them and networking with other investors. It can be difficult but it will pay the most dividends.

Good luck and great job getting back in the game.

@Robin McLaughlin Welcome. I'm also working on a flip - my first. Just waiting for the bank to approve my loan. 

BP is an amazing resource. The podcasts are a goldmine. I highly recommend listening to all of them. I've even gotten some great tips from episodes that I didn't think were relevant to me.

Welcome Robin!  BP is such great place to learn and grow! I have only been part of this group for a short time and love the network, honesty, and education.  Good Luck! 

Victoria

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you