New member here from Nashville, TN

9 Replies

hi there everyone! My name is Jordan Parker and I'm from Nashville Tennessee. A little about myself, I love music and have played piano since age 5. I love living in Music City! I am 30 years old, married, and own a home as of five years ago. That's where my experience stops. I found BiggerPockets through a friend and hopefully future business partner. I recently attended a workshop for real estate investing from Then Merill. I knew then I had to exit the nine to five workday if I was ever going to be financially free and have enough money to fuel our dreams and goals. I am passionate about this and very willing and eager to learn anything that I can! I was told a combination of financial education, great systems, technology, and tools are the keys to succeeding in investing. Thank you in advance for your support, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone for your welcome advise and tips!  Already I feel a part of a great community of resources!

@Marc Dupuis - Great advice! You definitely need a direction in which to concentrate. My plan is to work on wholesaling at least at first. First I want to really concentrate on my lead systems for both sellers and buyers. Any tips on that specifically?

@Josh Braun - Sound advice there!  I'm so new to this though, I don't even feel like I know much about any neighborhood.  What would you say is the best way to begin familiarizing yourself with them?

@Leo Khmelniker - That's great to hear!  Maybe we can learn together at some point!

@Mark Nolan - Thanks for the welcome!  I'd be super excited to learn more about self directed IRAs sometime.  

@Devan Mcclish - Definitely!  I look forward to connecting.  

@Jordan Parker were doing direct mail campaigns to get leads for the complexes we want to buy, and were doing online marketing to get partners to join us in our investing.

@Jordan Parker - I've always found it best to spend a weekend driving around a 10 mile radius of where I currently live.  Get familiar with the names of roads, subdivisions, etc.  That way whenever you hear of or see those names, you know exactly where they are.  Then monitor listings, rental prices, for sale/rent signs and ads for those areas.

Once you get familiar, expand out to 20 mile radius.  I like to buy close to my home base and I'm starting to expand out to other areas now.  

Originally posted by @Josh Braun :

@Jordan Parker - I've always found it best to spend a weekend driving around a 10 mile radius of where I currently live.  Get familiar with the names of roads, subdivisions, etc.  That way whenever you hear of or see those names, you know exactly where they are.  Then monitor listings, rental prices, for sale/rent signs and ads for those areas.

Once you get familiar, expand out to 20 mile radius.  I like to buy close to my home base and I'm starting to expand out to other areas now.  

That's a great idea! I actually did a little "driving for dollars" today and will continue to do that. What are some resorces you'd recommend using to monitor those?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you