Newbie from Italy

4 Replies

Hi,

I'm Luca, from Rome, Italy but I currently live and work in Dubai, UAE.

I recently joined this huge community. I'm impressed by the amount of interesting information it is possible to get from this website.

I have a property in Italy where my family lives and I recently bought a studio in Liverpool (UK) that will be rented to University students. My plan in to build a portfolio to have a good passive income in the next 10-12 years.

I also read the ebook to get started in property investment and I found it very informative. The only doubt I have is that some numbers that can be applied to the US market are not the same in Europe...but I'll figure out how to make it work! :-)

See you around in the forum!

Luca

Hey Luca!

Welcome to the forums! Really excited to see you being based in Dubai. Im moving back there myself in 3 weeks time. Im setting up a community with some other BiggerPockets members there and we really would like to see you there. 

I myself am married with 2 kids, Im Norwegian, and have 2x 2 bedroom flats in my home city in norway. Looking to aquire a place in Dubai next. My wife and I are settled in Arabian Ranches, and the other BP members in Dubai are in several other locations.

Please feel free to connect with me, and I will put you in touch with the others as well!

-Morgan

Ciao Luca!

Welcome to BiggerPockets! I love Roma (have been several times, and if only I spoke Italian I´d be buying property there!), and I´m glad to see you here on the forums. While I can understand your initial conclusions regarding ¨The only doubt I have is that some numbers that can be applied to the US market are not the same in Europe¨.. if you dig a little deeper, you would likely find that the same or similar metrics can be applied - that is, ratio of rent to purchase price, etc. I have never bought RE in the States, though I´ve come close (and all my family are home owners), so I can vouch for some similarities between US and European markets. I wish you the best of success on your continued investing!

Morgan, David and Mark,

Thank you for your warm welcome!

Morgan, sure I'd be happy to stay in contact. I'm not an expert in Dubai RE market and I'm sure that being part of the community will improve my knowledge.

David, I'm sure you are right, I just have to dig into the forum and learn.

Luca

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you