Newbie from Southwest Philadelphia

9 Replies

Hello,

I have no real estate experience and only a small amount of knowledge about the process, but I'm eager to learn do I can start flipping houses and eventually quit my job and gain income properties.  Thanks for any help u all can share. 

Hi @Gabrielle Foster,

How are you and welcome to BP.

I currently coordinate monthly educational events in Philadelphia for the Local REIA's. Please email and I will send you an invite.

Regards,

Joe Scorese

Welcome Gabrielle!

You have come to the right place! Great first step to learning and investing.

I highly recommend BP's Ultimate Beginner's Guide, it helps to form a general foundation in the industry. Couple that reading with listening to the BP Podcast and you will find yourself discussing REI in a much more professional manner very quickly. Additionally, the podcasts provide real life examples of how people got started, which canhelp you to form your own strategy of how you would like to get started.

Philadelphia also has some very useful online tools to access public records.

Best of luck!

-James

Welcome to Biggerpockets @Gabrielle Foster!

I have been investing the last 3 years in Philadelphia growing my portfolio. Feel free to DM me with any questions. I am also a licensed real estate agent and can help you with anything you need. One of the reasons why I got my license was to be able to make multiple (low) offers on properties without having an agent get annoyed by the volume of offers- so I totally understand why we need to make multiple offers to secure good deals! I do it all the time.

Good luck

Hey @Jeremy,

Welcome to BP!

I currently coordinate Real Estate Educational Networking Events in Philadelphia. Please email me directly if you would like the monthly calendar of events.

Regards,

Joe

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you