Travis Weldon
  • Plainfield, IL
Votes |
New member from Chicago

Travis Weldon
  • Plainfield, IL
Posted Sep 19 2015, 05:48

Hi BiggerPockets,

My name is Travis and I am from Chicago, IL. I've been listening to the podcasts for the past few months, reading the forums and decided it was time to get involved. I purchased my first property in Chicago (which is now my residence) back in November of last year. Since then I've been reading and learning a lot about real estate. I've decided that it's time to start networking and learning from others as I get ready to start looking for my first rental property. 

I currently work in Tinley Park, but do a lot of business in NW Indiana. I have grown to like the NW Indiana market vs IL due to manufacturing/industrial companies moving across the border, landlord friendliness of IN, cheaper taxes and it will also give me the opportunity to get started sooner with the price of homes. I'm going to be a buy and hold investor, leaning towards multifamily. 

At this point, I want to connect with other real estate investors in the NW Indiana/Lake County market. I am working on learning which areas of NW Indiana would be best to invest for cash flow, finding a realtor and potentially a property management company. Any recommendations would be appreciated! I'm also willing to grab coffee or lunch to learn. Looking forward to learning a lot more and getting stared!

Travis 

Loading replies...