How not to connect with me...

12 Replies

Maybe I'm sensitive but if you're going to try to connect with me and ask me for my contacts in a certain city then you need to say hi. 

Someone sent a connection request and just said they're going to Indy next week SO will I send them all my contacts there. No, "Hi how are you" or any other niceties. 

The lesson is... Please be friendly and nice when you try to connect with me JUST to get my contacts. 

I get those all the time.  People are just going to be people.  Thats the way I see it.  Ungrateful little...  haha, j/k. 

At the end of the day for me, its all about knowing that I helped someone even though they may not think so or even know that I did.  

How about hi I'm a first time rehabber I need $150k can you help me out? Oh and I live in (not California)

Me: absolutely just send me your wire instructions I'll wire it to you ASAP why stop at 150k how about I wire you 1MM lol

Sorry I forgot some punctuation in the previous post.

Thanks Guy's & Girl's I needed a good laugh at the end of a very long day! I completely agree with you people. Lately people  have no common courtesy. Hi Hello how are you doing etc. 

Jeanette Adler do you not think that is too much? (Coming to America reference)

Some people simply lack relationship building skills....wonder if it's even worth trying to help them see the flaws in their approach.

Please report any any unwanted solicitations received via our messaging system. 

Sending unwanted solicitations through our messaging system is a violation of our rules. 

Thank you,

Ned Carey

Originally posted by @John Casmon :

Jeanette Adler do you not think that is too much? (Coming to America reference)

Some people simply lack relationship building skills....wonder if it's even worth trying to help them see the flaws in their approach.

If lovin' the lord is wrong!  Then I dont want to be right!!  

ha! You know what im talking about!

Originally posted by @Jeb Brilliant :

@Alexander A. you are a bigger man than I. 

Trust me, it takes an extraordinary amount of patience which I would imagine most people do not have.   I tend to have a super lax attitude toward people because of the traveling I have done believe it or not.

I have been to 23 different countries and have seen and met so many different types of people I kind of just soak them in now no matter how they come, how they are or what they say.   No thoughts or judgement at all.   Its actually a great way to live!!   

But every once in awhile there's something that will get to me so I don't blame you one bit Jeb!

Ha! Yes, Jeb! I mean, not even going to offer to by me dinner first?! It's what Gary Vaynerchuk calls the "17yr old dude move". Ha....going right for the kill! 

Hilarious. You would definitely think a little old school brown-nosing would go a long way in this industry....

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you