New Investor from California

5 Replies

I live in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area, looking for an investing network locally.

I'm starting with some investing in the Chicagoland area. Looking to build a team there as well as seeking deals.

Welcome @David Swiatdowski to BiggerPockets.  A great resource.  There are a number of meetups throughout the bay area to meet local real estate investors.  For the East Bay @Jay Martin has a east bay/san francisco meetup (below link).  

http://www.meetup.com/REmeetup/

I am just starting out but an investor in Oakland if you wanted to chat.

Kyle 

Hello David and Welcome to BiggerPockets,

As Kyle mentioned, try and start by attending meetup groups in your area. Also, try and search online if there are any real estate investors club close to you. 

James

Welcome aboard, David!  I think you'll find BiggerPockets to be your new pocket guide for all things related to real estate.  Even when the answer isn't here, there's usually a link to it somewhere.

Kyle - I've gotta get to one of those meet-ups! Thanks for the reminder.  :)

http://www.meetup.com/REmeetup/

@David Swiatkowski

Welcome David!  As others have said, J Martin's Eastbay monthly Meetup (which usually takes place in SF) is a great place to meet like minded investors; just went to my first one last week. 

I work in Livermore, so if you're in the area and want to grab lunch sometime to chat, let me know.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you