Marty Intro

8 Replies

I have recently separated from the Marine Cops and have been working in the DC area for a few months now. At this point, I am planning on moving to the Denver area at the end of 2016 and get my real estate investing career underway. There are quite a bit of investments that I would try in this area, but I do not want to be a short-term or out of state investor at this point. I have read several books as well as doing my homework online. I generally stick to realtor, MLS, zillow, or craigslist and cross reference any locations I see valuable or below market. Seeing as how I can use the VA home loan for up to a 4 building multifamily house, my goal is to purchase a duplex, triplex, or quad. I am also registered to take a real estate class at a local college in the Spring time, because I am finishing up a Master's degree at the moment.

@Marty Krawiec Thank you for your service and welcome to Bigger Pockets. If I can be a resource for you as you get to Denver please let me know.

I will absolutely get in touch with you in the near future. I have a few friends in the area, and was looking to try and reside somewhere in the Lakewood area. I have a friend who lives outside of the metro area (hot sulphur) and one in Westminster who have been spinning me up on the market which is difficult to research online.

@Account Closed  Thank you for your service and welcome to BP.

With your VA loan, you might get a better bang for the buck in rental income here in the Metro DC area. The loan limits are higher in the Metro DC area.

You stated that you don't want to be an out of state investor. But if you buy something close to one of the bases, so you can get steady rental from service members. And you know that they won't mess-up the property.

Upen Patel, Mortgage Banker
Federal NMLS# 1374243

That was one of my strategies I had in mind moving to the Denver area. I have been looking at a lot in the Colorado Springs area due to the high turnover rate and demand at the Air Force base. Further, knowing the tenants have an almost guaranteed steady income, and you can report to chain of command any issues with the tenant.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you