New Member from West Texas

8 Replies

I recommend you spend EVERY available minute reading, researching and networking with active real estate investors in your community via REI MeetUP groups, associations, etc. After a couple months of this, you should be able to locate an investor who is willing to partner with you so you can earn little bit while learning a lot.

If you have a good amount of cash reserves, you will find an partner / investor faster.  If you don't, then you will need to master marketing as quickly as possible because that is the only value you will bring to an another investor  In other words, you will need to bring potential deals so you can both make some money.  

Active investors will not invest time in teaching / mentoring / coaching you for free...you must bring something to the table because active investors have little time available and they simply can't give it away without gaining something in return.

Hey @Michael Fortier

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

What area of real estate are you interested in? My area of expertise is in rural land investment, but I am knowledgeable in several other areas as well. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. 

Best of luck,

-Kyle 

Howdy Kyle

I am not 100 percent sure yet but I am leaning towards Buy and Hold and possibly some flipping later on, after i get some cash flow coming in. I think those will fit into my skill set the best.

Thanks

Welcome Michael!  Learn as much as you can... my advice is not not just read but interact and ask questions.  If you learn how to ask questions, you will then be able to take action when the time is right.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you