Soon to be Real Estate Agent in Galveston, Texas

7 Replies

Hi! I am Timothy Church. I am 25 years old and live in Galveston, Texas. Currently I am employed as a manager at Gaido's Seafood Restaurant, but am currently in the process of obtaining my real estate license. I am interested in buy and hold investments in my area. I hope to be able to build up enough properties that I can use the cash flow to support my family so that I might open my own local distillery. I am in the process of purchasing my first investment single family home as well as looking into a 6-unit apartment building using investor financing. I am just starting my journey but I am excited to see where it leads me!

Welcome to the site.  We live on the next island over from Galveston, near Surfside Beach.  I will be anxious to see how your investing goes In Galveston.  Lots of potential there I think!

Hey Timothy, I'm Karlsen and welcome to the forum.  I am also 25 years old, live on Galveston Island, and am interested in buy and hold properties.  I currently only own a quadplex in the East End historical district but am seeking to aquire more similar properties.

Hi Timothy!

Welcome to the page. It is a great forum to connect all over and gain lots of experience from others! 

Good luck as an Agent as it is a very rewarding job different to hospitality ( I went a similar path). I hope that you meet your goals as fast as possible!

Best of luck!

I am actually closing on my first investment single family home on Oct 21 and plan on going to the sheriff sale in a few days to see how that works on the island. I even already have renters lined up and ready to move in to the property!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you