Investment Realtor

4 Replies

Hello Ruby! This is a great niche for a real estate agent to get into, in my opinion. Either on the listing or the client side. I can't tell you how many small multi families you ask for financials and get back a PDF of a posted note with three rent amounts listed as the owners "financials." The people that do it right command a premium for their services and are actively sought out by investors.

Best wishes on your journey!

Hello @Ruby Jones

Congratulations on becoming a part of Bigger Pockets!

You've definitely come to the right place to increase your knowledge, you will definitely help those who need advice as well. I'm looking forward to interacting with you on the forums. 

Best of luck to you Ruby!

-Kyle

@Ruby Jones Welcome to BP! If you're looking to learn how to better serve investors then a great way to start is to understand their perspective. So, dig into the many articles about how we evaluate properties so you'll be better able to navigate the conversation with an investor about what they're looking for in an investment property.

I went the other way myself -- investor who became a Realtor -- so I'm biased towards thinking that having some experience on the investing side puts you in a much stronger position to understand what investors are after. Not that that's the only way, but it's something to consider if you discover that you're developing an interest in investing after researching.

Best of luck growing into your new niche!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you