Investor in Lexington

11 Replies

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I just moved to Lexington, KY with my wife a little over a month ago.  I'm a 2014 MBA graduate from California looking for investment opportunities in the Lexington area. I'm also an investment property owner and manager for a multi-family property I still own back in CA. 

Currently, I'd like to get in touch with people who know the Lexington market well.  Wholesalers with a proven track record and real estate agents specializing in investment properties are at the top of my list.  I'm interested in the buy-renovate-hold route because this is the area in which I've had the most past experience.  I'd be lying, though, if I told you that I wouldn't change my mind if the right property/situation presented itself.

So please reach out to me if any of this applies to you or if you know the best places to start looking for similar opportunities. 

Cheers!

Mike

Hey @Mike Mills

Great to have you here on Bigger Pockets, welcome!

If you are looking for people in your area, try clicking the Network tab at the top of the page. There you can enter your zip code to find other Bigger Pockets members near you. 

Looking forward to interacting with you on the forums.

Best of luck to you Mike!

-Kyle 

Welcome to Lexington Mike.

Would be happy to get together and discuss the landscape with you. Have been in the area for 23 years and have much experience with real estate. I live in the Chevy Chase area of town.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for responding back so quickly.  Sounds like you probably have a wealth of knowledge after being in Lexington for over two decades.  I've heard some great things about the charming homes in Chevy Chase as well as the surrounding areas.  Would you say that these neighborhoods typically attract tenants, or are they more geared towards homeowners seeking out primary residences?

Originally posted by @Mike Mills :

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I just moved to Lexington, KY with my wife a little over a month ago.  I'm a 2014 MBA graduate from California looking for investment opportunities in the Lexington area. I'm also an investment property owner and manager for a multi-family property I still own back in CA. 

Currently, I'd like to get in touch with people who know the Lexington market well.  Wholesalers with a proven track record and real estate agents specializing in investment properties are at the top of my list.  I'm interested in the buy-renovate-hold route because this is the area in which I've had the most past experience.  I'd be lying, though, if I told you that I wouldn't change my mind if the right property/situation presented itself.

So please reach out to me if any of this applies to you or if you know the best places to start looking for similar opportunities. 

Cheers!

Mike

Hey Mike! Welcome to BP. I am a young investor out of the Lexington area. I would like to connect with you to discuss business. I may have some properties you might be interested in. Hope to hear back! 

@Mike Mills

Hey Mike,

Welcome to BP! It's a great community here. You will gain a TON of knowledge and who knows - maybe you'll even find a partner or two.

Knowing that there is a resource available to me that offers advice on pretty much any REI question has been a huge benefit to me and my business.

Investing in multifamily properties by using as little of my own money as possible is my game. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in your journey!

The best way to jump into buy and hold ownership is to target an owner occupied multi family home with an FHA loan - which means only 3.5% down payment. Send me a message if you want more details. : )

A

For the Lexington, KY locals, where is the best place to invest right now?  I see a lot of homes for sale off of North Broadway (2 o'clock position on the Lexington city wheel), but the crime stats are pretty high there.  At the same time, I see barely anything for sale in the Chevy Chase area (5 & 6 o'clock position on the Lexington city wheel), which I hear is a great place to live.  Finding a fixer in that area would be great but I feel like any seller would naturally put a premium on the sale price, thus reducing the profit regardless of the wear/tear on the home.  Thoughts?

Hey Mike I have been appraising in Lexington for the past 20 years and investing with my wife who is a broker/agent for the past 10.  We are currently working 2 fix and flips, 1 in Lexington and 1 in Richmond.  We are also contractors that do all of our own rehabs.  We are closing on a fix and flip tomorrow that I plan to upload before and after pics on the site. I would be happy to talk about any questions you might.  I believe I know the Lexington market better than anybody being a appraiser, investor and contract and married to a broker.  We eat breath and sleep Lexington real estate and happy to help.  Go cats! Thanks and have a great evening! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you