Buying Flips

3 Replies

I have been in the construction industry for the last 29 years building and renovating homes. This year we opened a real estate company and currently looking for flips-investment properties, etc. Interested in learning more about this sector, any information would be helpful.

Thanks Aarin, I am looking forward to gaining more knowledge regarding investment/flips in the Jax market. Yes I have been in the building business for 30 years and operate a roofing co in Jax as well.

Rob:

Good evening, and welcome to BP!  May I offer just one piece of advice:

As you're about to embark on this very exciting new endeavor, I would HIGHLY recommend you meet with a mortgage/financial professional and share with her both your short- and long-term goals. When you do this, she will be able to help you construct a plan that will enable you to reach your short-term goals and reap benefits that will provide the resources you'll need (and want) to reach your long-term goals. Many new investors start off "hot", and they end up either overdeveloping their first property or they spend their money too fast - either way, they short-circuit their plans and end up sort of scuttling both their short- and long-term goals. A mortgage/financial pro will be able to give you the guidance you'll need to avoid those potential pitfalls. If you don't know a mortgage/financial pro, I would highly recommend seeking out two or three RE investors whom you trust (and you've seen them with a successful track record) and ask them for a referral to such a professional.

I wish you the very best!

Grant 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you