• Decatur, GA
Votes |
Finally ready to jump in

Tapiwa Wakatama
  • Healthcare
  • Decatur, GA
Posted Oct 7 2015, 05:09

Hi,

My name is Taps. I live in Atlanta, GA and work for a Healthcare company that makes electronic health records software. I'm married with a two year old daughter.

I found out about BP during a 'feed the homeless' event in ATL. The lady is a wholesaler and talked about wholesaling. I believe that was the first time I heard about it. She told my wife and I to check out BP to learn more.

Since then I've been listening to random BP podcasts, but also keep up with the current ones. During the course of that short time, I became interested in the idea of wholesaling & flipping. 

Then I went to a networking event and one of the topics was real estate. I began learning about wholesaling with the speaker following that. I learned the concepts, but got trapped in the cycle of continuous learning with no action.

All the while I was having conversations with family in Canada who are seasoned investors. Initially, I would do most of the talking and no listening. Overtime the message of BP to find a mentor slowly started to sink in. I've been doing more listening ever since.

Recently, those family members have become informal mentors. From that point, I've been learning about the buy and hold strategy and taking action. In less than a month I managed to line up enough financing to purchase a cheap property. My next and current step is locating that property.

So far I've analyzed (I'm still learning this step) 50-60 properties and looked at three. I'm trying to commit two hours a day for this.

I did pretty good during the first week. By week three I was slipping. I started wasting time by watching TV and trying to create systems, etc,. I don't know if I was subconsciously trying to sabotage myself in order to avoid risk. Thankfully my mentors are keeping me motivated and on track.

I seriously thought that thinking about buying a property and collecting rent would cause it to manifest before my eyes. I've come back to reality and am ready to put in consistent work until I close my first deal.

I have so much to say so please excuse the rant. I'm excited to have discovered real estate and BP!

Loading replies...