I'm new!!!

7 Replies

...and I know very little about real estate. I've read close to 10 books on real estate, financing, and tax laws over the past month, but I'm not in a position to apply any of it because I'm stationed in the armpit of America...Altus, Oklahoma. I'm interested in multi-family housing, as I feel it would give me a good introduction to real estate investing and property management, but I'm here to learn whatever you're willing to teach!

Hi Chandler,

There are a couple of people I have talked to in forums on here that are stationed at Altus or Fort Sill. We are retired military. We retired at Tinker and are now DOD. Put in some key word searches like military, Oklahoma and you will start finding some like minded individuals on here. Learn as much as you can and even people stationed at Altus need a place to rent if they live off base.

Good Luck    

Sara

@Chandler Hunter Welcome aboard. You mentioned learning about property management, and if you're anxious to fill your plate BP will keep you busy with stuff to learn and finding a PM company to work for would be a great way to get your hands dirty and make money while doing so. Getting lost in the forums helps too, of course. Don't hesitate to post any questions you have that come up.

Best of luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you